Chiropractic doctors are equipped to use various techniques and methods to treat patients suffering from car accident injuries in Birmingham. Different methods are suitable for different patients. A professional chiropractor devises a unique treatment plan for each patient best suited to their individual needs. These keenly developed plans decrease pain, improve spinal mobility along with a range of motion, and improve health in its entirety.
According to the data gathered by the Alabama Health Association:
- Alabama currently has the third-highest motor vehicle accident mortality rate among all fifty states
- Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death among Hispanics/Latinos in Alabama, accounting for 21.4 percent of all deaths to members of Alabama's Hispanic/Latino population
- Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death among all Alabamians aged 1 through 39 years. Motor vehicle accidents account for 46.2 percent of all deaths to females in that young age group
- The 40 Alabama counties with the highest motor vehicle accident mortality rates are all rural counties.
Common Methods Used by Chiropractors to Treat Car Accident Injuries in Birmingham:
There are several types of methods, techniques, and forms of chiropractic care. Today, we are going to discuss some of them for a better understanding.
The Chiropractor may perform cervical manual traction to tackle headaches and neck pain. As the DC massages your neck, they gently pressure your neck in all directions (up, down, back and forth, side-to-side). They use numerous techniques and different amounts of pressure to adjust the treatment to the patient's needs.
Spinal manipulation or chiropractic adjustment is among the most common techniques used by chiropractors to treat their patients. This is the treatment that most people relate with as the “cracking your back method” of chiropractic care. A DC does not actually crack your back. However, you might hear vivid sounds of cracking which are called joint cavitations.
The crack takes place when the DC applies gentle pressure as they twist specific vertebrae which are not operating properly or are misaligned. Spinal manipulation is typically used to heal lower back pain and joint pain.
General back pain, pain from a herniated disk, and overall back pain, in general, can be treated by Traction. The said chiropractic technique is also used to correct posture and treat degenerative discs. The DC manually applies pressure and forces the patient's head, back, or limbs. To help with the treatment, a chiropractor may often use a wedge or other tools. A patient's weight might be used for traction in a treatment called inversion therapy. Inversion therapy has its pros and cons, and some DCs do not recommend this treatment method. You should discuss the treatment in detail with your doctor before making a decision, including its advantages and probable risks.
Other Forms of Treatment:
Our injury specialists may typically use physiological therapeutic methods along with chiropractic methods to treat patients. Some of them are as follows:
- Hot and Cold Therapy: This type of treatment can improve blood flow and help with general back pain and swelling.
- Massage: It is used to assist in improving blood circulation and reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Exercise: A few exercises are good for general health and help in the healing process. Exercising focuses on strengthening and stretching the back.
- Diet and Weight Management: In some cases, a patient may benefit from a diet and weight management program. The chiropractor can suggest numerous programs and exercises that can help better muscle, joint, and spinal health.
Be Informed and Prepared While Treating Your Car Accident Injuries:
It is imperative that you feel comfortable with your choice of chiropractic care while opting for any form of medical treatment. You may also seek a second opinion before initiating a chiropractic treatment plan. You are free to ask as many questions as you want to completely feel comfortable with the chiropractic treatment and understand its pros and cons.
About AlaMed Injury Clinics:
The doctors of chiropractic care at AlaMed Injury Clinics are well aware of the aftermath of car accident injuries in Birmingham. Our collective goal is to provide quality and affordable treatment to patients who have endured these traumatic injuries from a car crash. Our clinic has a super friendly customer support team who will guide you throughout your treatment and also recommend the best-suited treatment plan for you. We have a team of qualified chiropractors who will devise a customized treatment plan according to your needs. Call us today before that back pain gets any more serious.